Sunday, September 25, 2011

Vintage Inspiration: DIY Crocheted Collar

A quick "hi" from maternity blogging hiatus:  Thank you everyone for the kind words and best wishes!   I'm truly touched and appreciative of all of them!  Baby Girl is proving out to be quite the night owl where peak wakefulness is 12am-3am :) but everything is going well.  Before I pop back into hiatus, I wanted to share one of the posts I prepared before her arrival:

----------------------------------------------------
So my mom is pretty much the most awesome person I know.  She sews, knits, crochets, is a fabulous cook, AND helps me take care of the little one when Hubby and I work.  I've been seeing dramatic, embellished collars in the mags lately and when I told Mom about it, she offered to not only crochet me a collar, but also TEACH me how to crochet.  We're waiting until I start maternity leave to really dive in but for now, I can crochet a mean straight line LOL.

The great thing about the collar is that it is interchangeable and can be added to any kind of ensemble.


Collar:  DIY (courtesy of Mom)
Necklace:  F21
Dress:  H&M Maxi Skirt worn as dress
Shoes:  Born Leather Slides (you may have noticed that I'm all for comfy flats now)

A closer view of the collar

What do you think?  There may be future crocheted items making their way to my Etsy store soon :)

18 comments:

  1. I've been seeing crochet/bead/anything under the sun, really collars popping up everywhere and honestly, I think yours is one of the best I've seen. I wholeheartedly support these collars in your etsy store!

    P.S - again, many congratulations on your new arrival! Can't wait until you come back from maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is too pretty! Love the addition on the dress and the fact that it can used for other items too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPG, thank you for updating us! I'm glad to hear you and your whole fam is doing well :)

    Crocheting a straight line is no small feat ;) This collar is so pretty -- I can already imagine the DIY possibilities in store for you... jewel embellishments, different, colors, etc? It's endless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum is exactly like your mum - able to cook sew etc and i love the idea that she taught you -really takes patience :)

    Really pretty collar ;)

    katattack2000@wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crocheted collar is too cool. I love it. It's also awesome that the collar is interchangeable. So chic!

    Btw, congrats! I'm so so so so so so happy for you. A baby girl is too precious. <3

    XoXo, Bree
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! you're back with baby news! Congrats! glad everything went well the baby girl :) Wow, that crochet collar is gorgeous! Can't wait to see some in your etsy store too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeedy, your mom does sound awesome!! :D I see where you get your creativity from!! I bet you will pick up crocheting really quickly too! And, that collar looks amazing and will prove to be very versatile! WANT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. Our little girl likes to wake up during the same hours or later. One morning I didn't go to bed until 7am. Ouch! We're trying to get her days/nites shifted. We feel it'll just get easier as times goes, so we try to keep that in mind when she's wailing. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love crochet collar! It makes the dress not so boring black!

    How are you feeling? Hope you are resting and baby is doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. learning to crochet sounds so awesome! i can imagine its not too easy, tho. hope all is well and you're at least getting some sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this collar is so creative!! i'm a huge fan of crochet anything, so this is right up my alley!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this collar. It adds some much details to the black dress. How are you feeling? are you under the confinement period? take care....


    xoxo,
    Ling

    ReplyDelete
  13. SPG, collar is very cute! Have you considered making a collar with beads? Not sure how it would turn out, but I am also liking the embellished collars I've been seeing, including yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! Baby girl is here!!! I am so happy for you!!!!she has a glam MOM!!!
    I love this crochet collar!!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found your lovely blog! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! LOve the beautiful collar and can't wait to see more from you afte your hiatus :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still lurking about, creeping your blog every so often. I hope everything is going great and that Mini SPG is giving you a break every so often (hopefully :)

    Can't wait for regular posting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute collar! and congrats to the new princess. Check out the 16th Bar for petite clothing tips :)
    http://the16thbar.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...